Business Builder Workshop: Founder Fundamentals
Time & Location
About the Event
Join Valley Innovators for our first workshop of the new year as we help first time founders understand the fundamentals of building a business. Learn from experienced Central Valley leaders about the basics of corporation structure, management philosophy, P&L, and technology you’ll need to effectively build a successful company.
In this 3 hour workshop we’ll cover:
- Corporation Structure
- Which corporate entity structure (LLC, C-Corp, etc.) is right for you, tax implications, and do you need patent protection
- Basics of insurance coverage
- Learn about “Open Book” management philosophy
- Manage your first profit and loss (P&L) statement, what is burn rate, etc.
- Pros and cons for building internal legal, HR, and finance functions vs outsourcing
- Which technology solutions to consider for finance, HR, collaboration, product management, sales, and marketing.
Fee: $15 per guest. If you’ve applied and paid for our 2019 or 2020 pitch contest the fee is waived. Contact us at email@example.com